Guidelines for advertising in UNI dining centers (Piazza and Rialto).
TABLE TENTS ARE NOT ALLOWED ON TABLES OUTSIDE OF THE DINING CENTERS. LIMIT OF ONLY ONE RESERVATION PER MONTH FOR AN ORGANIZATION OR DEPARTMENT.
Limit: One Tent for Two Weekdays or for Three Weekend Days
No more than one tent per table will be allowed during any of the publicity periods. Department of Residence (DOR) will reserve the right to post an additional department-specific table tent so that up to two table tents may be posted during each publicity period on each table. These periods go from 2 PM to 2 PM on the following days: Monday-Wednesday (two days), Wednesday – Friday (two days) and Friday – Monday (three days). Therefore, it is imperative that reservations be made to ensure availability.
Note: This policy covers both Piazza and Rialto. If you are interested in reserving table tents in Maucker Union, please use their reservation form.
- Contact the receptionist in the Department of Residence (Redeker Center 273-2333) or e-mail the Assistant Director of Residence for Marketing at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve dates for one of the following time periods:
- Monday 2 PM to Wednesday 2 PM
- Wednesday 2 PM to Friday 2 PM
- Friday 2 PM to Monday 2 PM
- At least 3 days prior to the reservation date, an electronic version of your table tent must be submitted to Annie Karr for approval at email@example.com. It is recommended that you do not print your table tents until approval has been received by DOR, should a revision need to be made.
- Create table tents according to the following criteria:
- Max quantity 130 for Rialto and 175 for Piazza, for a total of 305 (you may print and post less if desired).
- Print on recycled paper, 80# weight (strongly recommended, it holds up better).
- Not to exceed half of an 8.5”x11” sheet of paper (template provided).
- The primary focus must be on the message or event of the sponsoring UNI group.
- The message must reflect respect for the educational mission of the University.
- May not advertise goods or services that compete with those provided by the University (ie: housing, dining).
- No more than 1/3 of the tent may contain information referencing off-campus sponsors. May not list sponsors that offer goods or services that compete with those provided by the University (ie: housing, dining)
- Not to include discriminatory, sexist or libelous words or pictures.
- Not to promote the consumption of alcoholic beverages or events at local drinking establishments.
- Not to include campaign messaging for political candidates outside of UNI student government (see https://policies.uni.edu/1009 for further information related to political campaigning on campus).
- Includes name of sponsoring NISG-recognized organization or UNI office/department.
- Attractive layout and composition.
- Must come folded and either taped or stapled so it easily stays upright on the table.
- Take the appropriate number of DOR-approved table tents to each dining center between 2 PM and 4 PM on the scheduled Monday, Wednesday or Friday. You must check in with a manager before placing table tents on tables.
- The group is responsible for placing the table tents on the tables and has access to tables seating 4 or more people. Smaller tables and counter areas will not be used for table tent display. DOR reserves the right to use smaller tables and counter areas for their own department-specific table tent.
- Table tents will be removed from tables by the dining center staff on the appropriate date. If the table tents become torn or smudged before the reserved time is up, they will be removed from the table.
Groups and organizations are not permitted to solicit within or directly outside of UNI Dining Centers. Solicitation includes any activity which primary purpose is the advertisement of or the inducement to purchase or endorse a product, service, proposition or cause.