down arrowMenu

Basic Hall Information

We have nine open residence halls across campus, with the tenth, Lawther Hall, under construction and on track to be open for the fall semester of 2017. If you're interested in learning more about the traditional apartments, Hillside-Jennings, please go to the Apartment Units page.


All of our residence halls are co-ed. Halls have all-male and all-female houses, as well as co-ed houses in Noehren and Rider. The Residence Comparison Chart shows the different options in the halls and the individual hall pages show you more information specific to each hall.

Houses: Each of our eight residence halls has between 4 and 13 communities which we call "houses." About 50 students live in each house, which can be an entire floor of a hall or portion of a floor. All have common bathrooms and hallways and most also have lounges. New residents have the ability to choose which Living Learning Community they are a part of, and are placed into a house based on availability and the LLC.

Staff: Resident assistants, residence life coordinators, secretaries, desk assistants, and custodians are here to help you feel right at home.
  • Resident Assistants (RAs) are full-time students who are carefully selected and trained to be knowledgeable about university services and opportunities. There is typically one per house and they are there to help build a community where you can grow and succeed. Your RA will help you adjust to college life, keep you informed, get you involved, and, most importantly, lend an ear when you need advice or assistance.
  • Residence Life Coordinators (RLCs) are full-time professional staff member who lives and works right in your residence hall. Each coordinator supervises RAs and desk staff, advises student groups and oversees management of the building.

Assignments: If the Department of Residence receives your completed contract and pre-payment by May 1, you will be notified of your room and roommate assignment in June. The letter you receive in June details move-in information, your residence hall, your room number, and your roommate's information.


Room Options

Traditional Rooms: These rooms are two-person (double) dormitory rooms.

Physical Single Rooms*: There is a limited number of physical single rooms available in Bender, Campbell and Dancer Halls. Physical single rooms are smaller and cost more than a double room.

Super Single Rooms*: A "super single" is a traditional (two-person, double) room contracted to one person as a single room. They are available in all of the traditional residence halls with limited availability. Super single rooms cost more than a double or physical single room.

*Returning residents have priority for assignment in all single rooms. New residents must follow the guidelines for Disability and Special Health Needs to request consideration for a single room.


Room Details

The following items are provided in every room:

  • Single bed, mattress and mattress cover for each person (mattresses are 78" - 80" long)
  • Lofts
  • Desk and chair for each person
  • Wastebasket & recycling bin
  • Closets and drawers
  • Drapes or mini-blinds
  • Cable TV access to more than 50 channels
  • Internet access
  • All utilities
  • Room sink (see Residence Comparison Chart for exceptions)

You can bring the following items:

  • Computer
  • Compact refrigerator
  • Microwave
  • TV
  • Stereo
  • Clock radio
  • Carpet (Bender, Campbell, Dancer, and ROTH are carpeted)


To view a hall's individual page, click on the links below:

Bender Hall Campbell Hall Dancer Hall Hagemann Hall Lawther Hall
Noehren Hall Panther Village Rider Hall ROTH Shull Hall