You are here
Congratulations on your decision to apply to be a Resident Assistant (RA)! We’re excited to help you explore how you can picture yourself as an RA!
The goals of the staff selection process are to ensure the following:
- The application process is understood by all candidates to be a departmentally focused process in which candidates are considered for positions in all nine residence halls.
- The selection process provides a means by which the best possible candidates are selected to fill the open Resident Assistant positions.
- The selection process is objective, non-biased, fair, consistent, and equitable for all candidates.
- The selection process provides a candidate with the opportunity to demonstrate skills and abilities related to their interest in the position, their capacity to work as a staff person in group situations for a community, and their ability to meet job expectations.
Resume Workshops with Career Services (candidates are not required to attend)
- Thursday, November 2, 7:00pm to 8:00pm in the Oak Room
- Wednesday, November 15, 9:00pm to 10:00pm in the State College Room
- Or by appointment with the Career Services Office, 102 Gilchrist Hall (firstname.lastname@example.org)
RA Information Panels (candidates are not required to attend this year)
- Wednesday, October 25, 9:00pm to 10:00pm in Schindler 220
- Thursday, November 30, 7:00pm to 8:00pm in the West Towers Lounge above Rialto
Applications are due by 4:00 p.m. Friday, December 8, 2017
Requirements of a complete application: Submit an application, cover letter, resume, and essay.